Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

>>> A minor remark. This is the third round of patches for fast mutexes, and
>>>  each round, you submit even more changes to review than the previous
>>> round. If I doubted of your honesty, I could think that you are trying
>>> to dilute some questionable changes into more changes so that they get
>>> unnoticed.
>> May I recall the changelog of this round? In short:
>>
>>  - generic xnsynch
>>  - fixed prio-inversion when coming from secondary mode
>>
>> These are major changes, addressing specifically the NACKs of the
>> previous rounds.
>>
>> If you find "questionable changes", please point them out. So far I only
>> recall the discussion about lockcnt maintenance policy, and I will try
>> to sort that one out.
>
> The problem is that it took me about one hour reviewing your 12 patches
> (I know, I am a slow guy), and that I am not even sure that I saw all
> the changes.

I appreciate your effort very much, and you already provided valuable
input. But I feel it is much better to have the full picture instead of
scattered bits. And this 12 patches belong together until none of their
features are merged.

> The lockcnt change in patch 8 for instance is not even mentioned in the
> patch comments, and it is only because I originally did not understand
> the change in rt_cond_wait_inner that I now know about this change.

Sorry for that, but it fell under the table on which all the other
significant changes were already lying. Moreover, I originally felt it
was only a minor cleanup as I simply aligned the code to the POSIX
implementation in this regard. Nevertheless, the next posting will
contain a separate patch for this.

>>> Could we focus on a small set of changes, reach consensus, merge them,
>>> and then move to the next set of changes?
>> No problem. Maybe I missed or forgot the clear OK for patches 1..4 to
>> commit them, but I will now soon. Moreover, I just felt uncomfortable
>> with merging patch 5 without having written to following ones.
>
> I think Philippe should merge the patches.

Also fine.