Hi Alexis,

Alexis Berlemont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to find a way to populate the Comedi drivers set.
>
> However, I am stuck by a simple fact: I have no acquisition board to validate
> a least driver...
>
> Starting from here, I am trying to find out what should be the proper method
> to provide non-validated drivers to anybody inclined to test them.
>
> Do you think creating a specific subversion branch for this stuff would be a
> good idea ?

Given the well-known fact that (too) few people look beyond what we
deliver as releases and also assuming that your drivers should have no
side-effects (unless when actually used), I would rather suggest to
develop for SVN head, merge and deliver, but mark each driver
"experimental" until people with real hw confirm that it works as expected.

Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT SE 2 ES-OS