Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>> This is basically a repost of the NNI watchdog series I sent out a few
>>> weeks ago. I just rebased things over latest trunk and fixed some
>>> warnings.
>>>
>>> All patches are also available at
>>> git://git.kiszka.org/xenomai.git nmi-wd-queue
>> That is a lot of stuff to review. I am afraid it is impossible to review
>> everything, so the only thing we can rely on is testing, hence the next
>> question: have these patches been tested in every configuration
>> (enabled, disabled, built-in, module, voluntary overrun)?
>
> In most configurations, but definitely not in all (they are too many).
>
> This is a debugging tool, so first of all the disabled case must not
> cause harm, and I'm quite sure I haven't changed anything regarding
> this. Moreover, the enabled case was not working for many recent
> platforms anymore as we were lacking P6 support. So there shouldn't be
> much to loose.

I disagree: the current version compiles in all configurations tested
until now, and happened to work when enabled at some point in the past.
I find it annoying, to say the least, when I want to test something on
trunk, that some previous unrelated commit breaks a configuration
because it was not tested. So, please test your patch. The
configurations to test are not so numerous: disabled, enabled built-in
with an overrun check, enabled in module with an overrun check, repeat
for x86_64. That makes 6 configurations, not that much.