Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> In most configurations, but definitely not in all (they are too many).
>>>
>>> This is a debugging tool, so first of all the disabled case must not
>>> cause harm, and I'm quite sure I haven't changed anything regarding
>>> this. Moreover, the enabled case was not working for many recent
>>> platforms anymore as we were lacking P6 support. So there shouldn't be
>>> much to loose.
>> I disagree: the current version compiles in all configurations tested
>> until now, and happened to work when enabled at some point in the past.
>> I find it annoying, to say the least, when I want to test something on
>> trunk, that some previous unrelated commit breaks a configuration
>> because it was not tested. So, please test your patch. The
>> configurations to test are not so numerous: disabled, enabled built-in
>> with an overrun check, enabled in module with an overrun check, repeat
>> for x86_64. That makes 6 configurations, not that much.
>
> The trivial ones have been tested, of course. But keep in mind that
> there are more variables (CPU types , kernel versions, interfering
> config settings, etc.) that create much more that 6 variants to be built
> and run.

To give an example of untested scenarios: Current trunk does not build
against 2.6.27 for x86-32 with NMI watchdog enabled (die_nmi gained
another argument doe to unification with x86-64). Well, my patch does
not change this picture yet (I once tested against 2.6.26 for 32-bit
support). Will fix this as well.