On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix
<gilles.chanteperd...@xenomai.org> wrote:

> -lpthread does need to be set in libpthread_rt_la_LDFLAGS, if you look
> at libpthread_rt code (which you apparently do not want to dot), you
> will see that it uses libpthread functions.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. And I did read libpthread_rt code ;).
However, my point is _not_  putting "-lpthread" before or after
"libpthread_rt.a". My point is, is it reasonable to put "-lpthread" in
the LDFLAGS of libpthread_rt.a?

> The issue you have has already been discussed on this list, and we
> already know the correct workaround. The correct workaround is not to
> link with -lpthread first. Linking with -lpthread first leads to broken
> binaries, whose libpthread functions call libpthread_rt functions. The
> correct workaround is to link your binary in two stages, or to forget
> about FLAT and use FDPIC.

In my option, a better workaround is to group the achieves, with
"--start-group", "--end-group":

bfin-uclinux-gcc -pipe -Wall -g -O2 -mcpu=bf527-0.1
-Wl,@/home/adam/new_workspace/local_svn/kernel/adeos/uclinux-dist/user/xenomai/xenomai-2.4.x/src/skins/posix/posix.wrappers
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -pipe -Wl,-elf2flt -mcpu=bf527-0.1 -o
cyclictest cyclictest-cyclictest.o  -lrt -Wl,--start-group
../../skins/posix/.libs/libpthread_rt.a -lpthread -Wl,--end-group

-Yi