>> Linux (e.g. via xnpod_suspend_thread(<cpu-hog>). Unfortunately, there is
>> no way to force a shadow thread into secondary mode to handle pending
>> Linux signals unless that thread issues a syscall once in a while. And
>> that raises the question if we shouldn't improve this as well while we
>> are on it.
>>
>> Granted, non-broken Xenomai user space threads always issue frequent
>> syscalls, otherwise the system would starve (and the watchdog would come
>> around). On the other hand, delaying signals till syscall prologues is
>> different from plain Linux behaviour...
>>
>> Comments, ideas?
>
> We discussed the issue of having a way to force threads to relax with
> Philippe, and we both had patches to make this work. However, the issue
> we recently had with the emulated iret on x86 makes me think that we can
> not relax at any point in time, the code surrounding the relax has to be
> made to allow a relax to occur.

Those issues were fixed. If we have similar problems around
__ipipe_handle_irq (I would expect the relaxation to take place in
xnintr_*_handler), then they should be fixed as well.

The problem is that I currently do not see any other way of cleanly
terminating or debugging some Xenomai user space thread doing "while
(1);" (or any more complicated variation).