Am Friday 27 March 2009 15:53:02 schrieb Gilles Chanteperdrix:
> Xenomai kernel-space support is started somewhere in the middle of the
> boot process, so, you can probably start kernel-space applications at
> that time. User-space only works when init has been started, which
> happens a bit later during the boot process. But you can start Xenomai
> applications before all the system services have been started.

I think the fundamental question is: does Adeos provide a scheduler?

And I guess the answer is yes, at least "Life-with-Adeos" doc mentions
primary and secondary execution modes/domains.

In the use case it would be necessary that OSEK subsystem is able to schedule
between a static number of preconfigured threads WITHOUT the precondition
that Linux is up and running.

> As a side note, I have a question for the automotive industry people.
> Would there be an interest in developing an OSEK skin for Xenomai? I
> have been thinking about that for some time, but still have not found
> time to start the job. I have read the OSEK spec, and found the
> interface pretty simple (though some part of the job has to be done
> offline, and annoyingly need to read XML files). The OSEK com spec, on
> the other hand, looks rather scary.

There are open source OSEK implementations. AFAIK, all far from completeness.

You can start with

or have a look at the list at