On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 11:23 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> I got some changes ready for head. What we want to include in the stable
> branch remains to be discussed, once we agree, I will prepare another
> branch for v2.4.x patches.

No objection to merge back FPU fixes to 2.4.x before we close that
branch, when 2.5 is out. This would give us some time to make sure
everything is fine while running the -rc series.

> The following changes since commit bbbaec33689d8e82b604745bb55209a83d79a4bc:
>   Philippe Gerum (1):
>         Test for self-deletion in a safer way
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.xenomai.org/xenomai-gch.git for-upstream
>
> Gilles Chanteperdrix (4):
>       Improve switchtest coverage.
>       x86 FPU fixes
>       Optimize x86 fpu switches.
>       Fix rt_task_trampoline and rt_task_shadow error paths.

I'm generally ok with the patches, but the last one still leaves an
issue open: if the child thread dies upon -ENOMEM, the creator won't be
unblocked from pending on the completion sync in rt_task_create(). We
could live with this for a while (lacking memory at that point is a
clear sign that things are going to turn ugly very soon anyway), but
would we want to fix this, we would have to either fire the
__rt_task_create syscall with some NULL args and let it notice them,
then signal the completion block with an error status, or have something
like __xn_sys_sigcompletion to unblock the waiter directly from
userland.