On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> Here is the first candidate release for the v2.5.x branch.

While preparing to compile the 2.6.29.1 kernel with the above release
candidate, I noticed that in the 2.6.29.1 kernel, CONFIG_CPU_IDLE is
now mandatory if one turns on ACPI support. This wasn't the case for
the 2.6.28.7 kernel, and in that kernel I had it switched off, due to
the warnings about idle handlers and the CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR option.

Was I correct to have CONFIG_CPU_IDLE turned off previously, and if
so, is the new policy of making it mandatory a problem for Xenomai?

Thanks for the help,

Martin