currently, the situation is this:
- the timing core uses an approximate value of the cpu frequency (using
xnarch_llmulshft) to do conversions between tsc and ns;
- the APIC timer reprogrammation still uses imuldiv, that is a more
exact cpu frequency, coupled with an approximate APIC frequency
(obtained from ipipe_request_tickdev), to do the conversion between tsc
delays and APIC delays;
- the posix skin uses llimd to do conversions between timespec and
timeval structures and tsc values
- the posix and native skins in user-space still use llimd to do
conversions between ns and tsc (only if using tsc in user-space).

These are causes of unprecisions, I think we should fix this, though it
is unlikely to be the cause of the high jitters observed by Vikesh with