On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 13:15 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i just finished converting Blackfin to the new irqflags.h system which
> included punting pretty much all of the irq.h guts (including IPIPE).
> since irqflags.h is directly designed for hooking the lower irq stuff,
> do we still need this stuff patched into the Blackfin code ?  seems
> like patching linux/irqflags.h would get you support for pretty much
> all arches for free ...

I wish it was so, but we do need to override the native routines that
manipulate the hw interrupt state when the I-pipe is enabled, and using
the irqflags framework will still require the implementation to provide
the raw_local_irq* helpers linux/irqflags.h requires, in some arch-dep
companion file for the Blackfin. This is the one we want to patch for
the I-pipe, to get them virtualized.