On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 11:32 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 16:14, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 13:15 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> >> i just finished converting Blackfin to the new irqflags.h system which
> >> included punting pretty much all of the irq.h guts (including IPIPE).
> >> since irqflags.h is directly designed for hooking the lower irq stuff,
> >> do we still need this stuff patched into the Blackfin code ?  seems
> >> like patching linux/irqflags.h would get you support for pretty much
> >> all arches for free ...
> >
> > I wish it was so, but we do need to override the native routines that
> > manipulate the hw interrupt state when the I-pipe is enabled, and using
> > the irqflags framework will still require the implementation to provide
> > the raw_local_irq* helpers linux/irqflags.h requires, in some arch-dep
> > companion file for the Blackfin. This is the one we want to patch for
> > the I-pipe, to get them virtualized.
>
> well ive just tossed the code for 2.6.31 since it's pretty hopeless
> for me to get this right.  consider yourself notified ! ;)

Ok, I now consider myself in trouble then.

Btw, could you give me some hints regarding the Blackfin project policy
for updating svn://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/linux-kernel and/or
git://sources.blackfin.uclinux.org/git/readonly-mirrors/linux-kernel.git?
Is the latter still a pre-mainline staging tree pulling from the former?

More specifically, which one shall I pull your changes from?
(the blackfin.uclinux.org seems currently unreachable).

TIA,