Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>> Maybe the rsp is wrong and leads you to the wrong active_mm ?

>>> As you have found out in the mean time, we do not use unlocked context
>>> switches on x86.
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> The last question I asked myself (but couldn't answer yet due to other
>> activity) was: Where are the local_irq_disable/enable_hw around
>> switch_mm for its Linux callers?
>
> Ha, that's the point: only activate_mm is protected, but we have more
> spots in 2.6.29 and maybe other kernels, too!

Ok, I do not see where switch_mm is called with IRQs off. What I found,
however, is that leave_mm sets the cr3 and just clears
active_mm->cpu_vm_mask. So, at this point, we have a discrepancy between
cr3 and active_mm. I do not know what could happen if Xenomai could
interrupt leave_mm between the cpu_clear and the write_cr3. From what I
understand, switch_mm called by Xenomai upon return to root would re-set
the bit, and re-set cr3, which would be set to the kernel cr3 right
after that, but this would result in the active_mm.cpu_vm_mask bit being
set instead of cleared as expected. So, maybe an irqs off section is
missing in leave_mm.

--
                                          Gilles