> > Thanks for the prompt reply !
> >
> > The tasklet I am talking about is supposed to re-set the registers of the
> > serial port each time an interrupt occurs ! We can do this the following
> > way in using Linux system calls :
> >
> > void resetRegisters (unsigned long currentlyUnused);
> >
> > DECLARE_TASKLET  (rs232Tasklet, resetRegisters, 0);
> >
> > void resetRegisters (unsigned long currentlyUnused)
> > {
> >         outb (0x83, PORT + 3);
> >         outb (0x01, PORT + 0);
> >         outb (0x00, PORT + 1);
> >         outb (0x03, PORT + 3);
> >         outb (0x01, PORT + 1);
> >         outb (0x63, PORT + 2);
> >         outb (0x08, PORT + 4);
> > }
>
> This looks like a weird use of tasklets under mainline. Moreover, they
> are practically deprecated there.
>
> > How am I supposed to do this using Xenomai ?
>
> Have you considered simply using the rt_16550A driver for your purpose?
> You didn't told us your use case from an application POV, so it's hard
> to say if the driver meets your requirements. But it does not require
> you fiddling with hardware directly.
>
> Jan

" This looks like a weird use of tasklets under mainline. Moreover, they are
practically deprecated there."

Why do you say this ?

" Have you considered simply using the rt_16550A driver for your purpose? "

I was not aware that a serial port driver for real time does exist !
Secondly, here we are writing a robotic application where we want to stop the
robot if we receive data 'x' or move the robot if we receive data 'y'.
Can you tell me how can we achieve this functionality with rt_16550A driver.
Is rt_16550A driver fully stable ?

thanks,
anisha