Michael Löffler wrote:
> Hello List!
> I have an application running rt_task_sleep() in a loop. After a more or
> less random number of loops, something up to 5000 cycles, the system
> reboots with the following error message:
> Kernel panic - not syncing:
> BUG!
> <4>BUG: failure at kernel/ipipe/core.c:319/__ipipe_restore_root()!
> For me it's not a bigger issue, as I can replace it with usleep() and

usleep means that your RT task leaves real-time space for the execution
of this Linux service. So you effectively avoid the permanent switch
between primary and secondary mode that your demo currently triggers due
to rt_task_sleep vs. printf.

> everything works fine, but maybe it's something, someone could have a
> closer look at. On my system (blackfin537-stamp, uclinux2008, xenomai
> 2.4.0) it can be reproduced with the following code:

Already tried with a non-outdated Xenomai release, namely 2.4.10 or 2.5
git? It makes no sense hunting already fixed bugs.