Hi,

Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:

>> So that means, in essence, that you would accept probabilistic
>> algorithms in realtime context?
>
> Ah, today's troll!

though it seems that I have to replace Jan this time ;-)

> As I think I explained, the use of a seqlock in real-time context when
> the seqlock writer only happens in linux context is not probabilistic.
> It will work every time the first pass.

I still don't see why it should succeed every time: What about
the case that the Linux kernel on CPU0 updates the data, while
Xenomai accesses them on another CPU? This can lead to
inconsistent data, and they must be reread on the Xenomai side.

I'm asking because if this case can not happen, then there's
nothing left to to as I have the code already at hand.

Thanks, Wolfgang