>> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

>>> Ok. Got it, I was mixing xnselect_destroy and xnselector_destroy. Yes,
>>> right, something should be done. What is supposed to happen? Is it
>>> supposed to be signaled as an exceptional condition?
>>>
>> It should be signaled so that the caller tries to read/write/whatever
>> and then gets the information that the fd is down.
>
> Looks to me like you get a wakeup for nothing... From the spec:
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/select.html
>
> I do not see anything specified for the fds closure.

"A descriptor shall be considered ready for reading when a call to an
input function with O_NONBLOCK clear would not block, whether or not the
function would transfer data successfully. (The function might return
data, an end-of-file indication, or an error other than one indicating
that it is blocked, and in each of these cases the descriptor shall be
considered ready for reading.)"