Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Roland Stigge wrote:
>>> Hi Gilles,
>>>
>>> first - I'm sorry if you sometimes feel offended by my work on Xenomai
>>> in Debian. I understand that you are very much connected to your project
>>> and want to have it working perfectly everywhere.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, my time to work on this is limited and the last uploads
>>> were work in progress - to provide latest Xenomai in Debian. Further
>>> work on it was planned for this weekend.
>>>
>>> But please also understand that Debian developers will possibly
>>> prioritize work on upstream packages where they feel their work is
>>> appreciated. So please think about your tone before sending email and
>>> driving people away from Xenomai.
>> What matters for me is Xenomai users, not the Debian package maintainer.
>> I am almost thinking that I would prefer Xenomai not having an
>> "official" Debian package which has been shipping for monthes with buggy
>> adeos patches and lagging behind upstream development.
>
> Hey guys, this leads to nothing.
>
> I agree with Gilles that a distro package that could appear to users
> like it's as mature as upstream while it isn't does not help anyone. But
> not all the work here is paid, and resources will remain limited. So
> Roland's remark is valid as well that not everything can be done
> instantly in The Perfect Way.
>
> The only way to resolve this without killing the idea of ready-to-use
> Xenomai package is to openly discuss the problems of both sides and try
> to find optimal solutions. I also bet Roland would be happy about
> patch-based discussions - just like we are for upstream. Just let the
> discussion take place here on this list, in an objective manner, and
> ideally before things may show up in releases etc.

As I already said, I think the proper place to discuss all this is on
the Xenomai mailing list. I have no problem renaming sigtest, at all, I
do not even require a patch to do it. The point is that we did not even
knew that it generated a conflict. And for me this is the real problem,
I am all for helping Roland generating good packages, but if he does not
want to talk to us, what choice do we have?