Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> OK for this. Pushed an update, but I also modified it further to avoid
>>> returning without the mutex lock unless that one is also failing. Maybe
>>> in-kernel POSIX requires the same fix, will check.
>> Still not OK. You should reacquire the mutex only if the error is 0,
>> -ETIMEDOUT or -EINTR. With any other error, we do not know if we can
>> call the epilogue safely.
>
> We _must_ reacquire the mutex - but, granted, we actually have to take
> care of invalid cond objects. Lot's of bugs...

No. If the error is another error than 0, -ETIMEDOUT, or -EINTR, it
means that the error was detected prior to freeing the mutex. So, we do
not have to re-acquire the mutex. Quoting POSIX:

"Except in the case of [ETIMEDOUT], all these error checks shall act as
if they were performed immediately at the beginning of processing for
the function and shall cause an error return, in effect, prior to
modifying the state of the mutex specified by mutex or the condition
variable specified by cond."

POSIX does not talk about -EINTR, because it states that in this case,
we should return 0 to the application.