Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Philippe Gerum wrote:

>>> Kernel is clear, but user space sounds indeed interesting. I guess we
>>> need an out-of-band channel to tell the kernel about pending
>>> user-space-only lock ownerships when calling some unrelated syscall. How
>>> does your current approach look like?
>> I want to keep things simple: shadow nrt will go through the syscalls
>> for acquisition/release of owned resources, instead of fastsynchs.
>
> Then I'll have to pick this up as that will very likely create unhappy
> customers. In fact, the majority of our Xenomai threads are nrt (yeah,
> that happens if you convert existing applications).

Hmm, thinking about it again, there not that much to optimize in the
trivial, non-nested locking case (on entry, we already go through the
syscall if we aren't migrated yet, just the release syscall will be
new). I will check what share of our load is nested and would actually
suffer from unconditional syscalls. I just hope there is no issue with
dropping the lazy scheme as that would complicate things in a way I
would not want to go as well.