Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found some code which was referencing directly some
>> CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_ variables with things like:
>>
>> #ifdef CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO
>>
>> This usage is incompatible with the pre-requisites of the assert.h
>> header that CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO should be defined at all times.
>> While grepping for CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_, I found that we also have
>> many duplicates of construction like:
>> #ifndef CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO
>> #define CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO 0
>> #endif /* CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO */
>>
>> So, a patch follows which:
>> - replace the #ifdef with some #if XENO_DEBUG(FOO)
>
> Should probably come as a separate patch.
>
>> - move all the initializations to assert.h
>>
>> This will make any reference to CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO outside of
>> assert.h suspicious, and easy to detect.
>
> How many duplicates did you find?
>
> Generally, I'm more a fan of decentralized management here (e.g. this
> avoids needless patch conflicts in central files).

My latest approach was not really working (it was working, but generated
warning when compiled with -Wundef, and the kernel is compiled with
-Wundef). So, let us stop the madness.

I have merged the following solution:
- fixed the direct references to CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO and replaced
them with XENO_DEBUG(FOO)
- moved the duplicate CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_FOO initializations which
did not fit to a particular file to assert.h (actually only QUEUES and
NUCLEUS), let the other initializations live in peace where they were.

This is complemented by a check_script whose result on the previous
xenomai version you can see at:
http://sisyphus.hd.free.fr/~gilles/bx/distcheck/xenomai/log.html