>> Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>> Not being able to join a deleted task undermines seriously the utility
>>> of rt_task_join... What is it useful for, then?
>> See the doc: You join or delete, but not both.
> Looks to me like a workaround: you are not able to handle properly the
> life-cycle of an RT_TASK, so you changed the rules... is there really no
> other way?

First of all, it turns a SEGV into a proper error code. Moreover,
rt_task_join now officially finalizes the object for native (it always
did technically!), as does pthread_join for POSIX. No rule changed, just
rule documentation and violation detection added. One may argue about
join after delete, but for what use case such a change of rt_task_delete