Hi Alexis,

  thanks so much for the new analogy software. Here are some first observations:

1) cmd_bits.c works fine on our NI6250 board

2) however, a slightly modified version hangs -- I appended my cmd_bits.c to
this email. All what I added is a for loop around the a4l_async_write() and
a4l_snd_insn() commands, i.e., I wanted to trigger a write repeatedly. Look for
the "sschaal" comment in my modified cmd_bits.c .  After 32 iterations,
cmd_bits hangs, no error messages in dmesg. Interesting, when I change your
"trigger_threshold" variable from 128 to 256, my loop runs for 16 iterations
(other changes of the trigger threshold adjust the number of iterations I get
in a similar way). Thus, it feels like there is a buffer which does not get
reset after a4l_snd_insn() is called -- does this make sense?

Best wishes,

-Stefan