>> Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
>>> ... and for reading the contents of the hostrt data.
>>>
>> Just realized: Please also update clocktest. Should already work with
>> the new clock ID, but requires a cosmetic output patch.
>
> Yes, I thought about that. Maybe even if clocktest uses the new
> clock_id, we could drop the example?
>
> I do not think it is a good idea to provide as an example code which
> uses the internals of the implementation (though it makes sense to use
> the implementation internals in the clocktest code). And if we remove
> that, only clock_gettime(CLOCK_HOST_REALTIME) remains, which does not
> seem to need an example.

I would not keep it as an example, but as a test case for checking that
nothing is wrong with the data on the shared page. Which does not fit
quite well into clocktest. Although I have no problem with just omitting
the stuff if reading the (internal) content of the data page is deemed
inappropriate.

Regards, Wolfgang