Dear Gilles,

I noticed that "git describe" does not provide helpful information for
the Xenomai repository.

For the current code (tagged as v2.5.4) I still get:

        -> git describe

Only with the "--tags" option I get the expected result:

        -> git describe --tags

The behaviour changes from version to version:

        -> git describe v2.5.0
        fatal: No annotated tags can describe
        However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.
        -> git describe v2.5.1
        -> git describe v2.5.2
        -> git describe v2.5.3
        -> git describe v2.5.4

My recommendation is to always annotate release tags to avoid such
confusion.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email:
NOTE: The  Most  Fundamental  Particles  in  This  Product  Are  Held
Together  by  a  "Gluing" Force About Which Little is Currently Known
and Whose Adhesive Power Can Therefore Not Be Permanently Guaranteed.