Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 14:33 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I found recently that large application uses to segfault before fork()
>>> leaves its glibc wrapper.
>>>
>>> I included here a test suite which can be easily used to verify what
>>> goes wrong. It may be necessary to adjust makefile to compile the code.
>>> So, the console is missing output from line #89. We can see instead a
>>> message that getpid couldn't be linked which is 1st sign of memory
>>> corruption.
>>>
>>> i used to think that this issue could be related to not unbinding heap
>>> before fork() but it turned out that it is enough to link userspace with
>>> xenomai libraries.
>>>
>>> I wonder if this is known issue and if there is any fix, does 2.5.4 work
>>> same ? or maybe there is something wrong with the kernel i use (or adeos
>>> patch)
>>>
>>> Another question is why rt_task_create() is marked deprecated in native
>>> skin. Does it mean that native skin is going to be removed from source
>>> tree ?
>> The libc on the system you run the test is not the same as the one of
>> the compiler. Please re-run the test when using the same libc on the
>> test board as on the machine where you are compiling.
>

> I reckon you missed the clue. On the other hand: how can you explain
> that main process even started ? and only child failed ?
>
> and indeed i compile code on one box but run on another anyway both
> rootfs'es are "bit equal".

No. As witnessed by the message:
./xeno-shmem-fork: relocation error: ./xeno-shmem-fork: symbol getpid,
version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

The run-time glibc is not the same as the compile-time glibc. The glibc
are mostly ABI compatible, but maybe not the fork wrapper, so, to rule
this out, please re-run the test with the correct glibc.