On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 14:40 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:

> >> The libc on the system you run the test is not the same as the one of
> >> the compiler. Please re-run the test when using the same libc on the
> >> test board as on the machine where you are compiling.
> >

> > I reckon you missed the clue. On the other hand: how can you explain
> > that main process even started ? and only child failed ?
> >
> > and indeed i compile code on one box but run on another anyway both
> > rootfs'es are "bit equal".
>
> No. As witnessed by the message:
> ./xeno-shmem-fork: relocation error: ./xeno-shmem-fork: symbol getpid,
> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

have you seen that main process started  ? and linker didn't complain
about wrong symbol version. This happened only in child process after
line 88, have you seen output from line 89 ?

furthermore you can find commented out line in makefile which compiles
userland without linking with xenomai libraries.

this executable works as expected.

> The run-time glibc is not the same as the compile-time glibc. The glibc
> are mostly ABI compatible, but maybe not the fork wrapper, so, to rule
> this out, please re-run the test with the correct glibc.

this is from libc on box i compile code:
GNU C Library stable release version 2.9 (20081117), by Roland McGrath
et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Configured for i686-suse-linux.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291].
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.27 system on 2008-12-03.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        NoVersion patch for broken glibc 2.0 binaries
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.
CHroot linux-e9um:/lib #

and this is from target box:
atest:/lib # ./libc-2.9.so
GNU C Library stable release version 2.9 (20081117), by Roland McGrath
et al.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Configured for i686-suse-linux.
Compiled by GNU CC version 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291].
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.27 system on 2008-12-03.
Available extensions:
        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
        NoVersion patch for broken glibc 2.0 binaries
        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.
atest:/lib #

these libcs are same and i wonder whats wrong with you.
How many times do i need to make you sure that these libcs are binary
same ?

--
Krzysztof Blaszkowski