Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 14:40 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> No. As witnessed by the message:
>> ./xeno-shmem-fork: relocation error: ./xeno-shmem-fork: symbol getpid,
>> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
>

> have you seen that main process started  ? and linker didn't complain
> about wrong symbol version. This happened only in child process after
> line 88, have you seen output from line 89 ?
>
> furthermore you can find commented out line in makefile which compiles
> userland without linking with xenomai libraries.
>
> this executable works as expected.

As I said since we went from libc5 to libc6, all libcs have been
backward ABI compatible. So, it makes perfect sense that the binary works.

Since you are calling getpid() after fork, it is normal that the error
is not signalled before, symbols are only resolved at run-time, when
they are use.

> these libcs are same and i wonder whats wrong with you.
> How many times do i need to make you sure that these libcs are binary
> same ?

As long as you are comparing the wrong binaries. What I ask you to
compare is libc.so.6 with the result of gcc -print-file-name=libc.so
gcc being the exact compiler use for compilation of the test program.

If these libraries are the same, then I will look at your test program,
otherwise I will not waste more time on this issue.