On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 15:06 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 14:40 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> >> No. As witnessed by the message:
> >> ./xeno-shmem-fork: relocation error: ./xeno-shmem-fork: symbol getpid,
> >> version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
> >

> > have you seen that main process started  ? and linker didn't complain
> > about wrong symbol version. This happened only in child process after
> > line 88, have you seen output from line 89 ?
> >
> > furthermore you can find commented out line in makefile which compiles
> > userland without linking with xenomai libraries.
> >
> > this executable works as expected.
>
> As I said since we went from libc5 to libc6, all libcs have been
> backward ABI compatible. So, it makes perfect sense that the binary works.
>
> Since you are calling getpid() after fork, it is normal that the error
> is not signalled before, symbols are only resolved at run-time, when
> they are use.

indeed so i think you should ask yourself how it was possible that main
process could resolve it but child couldn't.

> > these libcs are same and i wonder whats wrong with you.
> > How many times do i need to make you sure that these libcs are binary
> > same ?
>
> As long as you are comparing the wrong binaries. What I ask you to
> compare is libc.so.6 with the result of gcc -print-file-name=libc.so
> gcc being the exact compiler use for compilation of the test program.
>
> If these libraries are the same, then I will look at your test program,
> otherwise I will not waste more time on this issue.

so at the box i compile code gcc gives:
CHroot linux-e9um:/lib # gcc -print-file-name=libc.so
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.3/../../../libc.so

and i do not have gcc installed at target box (atest). i also double
checked if there could be "libc.so" file in whole rootfs which is abt
258M long and i did not found it.

also /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.3/../../../libc.so
ie /usr/lib/libc.so is just a linker script of 238 bytes.

ld-linux.so.2 are binary same on these two boxes too.

--
Krzysztof Blaszkowski