Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 13:00 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>> Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:
>>> xeno-config --skin=native --cflags gives:
>>>
>>> -I/usr/xenomai/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Wall -pipe -D__XENO__
>>>

>>> note that there is no xenomai installed on my r&d server
>>> in /usr/xenomai/
>>>
>>> i build xenomai per kernel and install it in kernel's INSTALL sub-dir
>>> (DESTDIR=) as well as kernel's modules and other related stuff for this
>>> particular kernel.
>>> (otherwise i would go mad soon due to various versions ..)
>> xeno-config handles the DESTDIR environment variable (failing to do this
>> would be kind of silly, because a lot of people, including the
>> maintainers, use Xenomai mostly in cross-compiled environment).
>
> no, it does not.
>
> ./xeno-config
> xeno-config --verbose
>         --version="2.5.4"
>         --cc="gcc"
>         --arch="x86"
>         --prefix="/usr/xenomai"
>         --xeno-cflags="-I/usr/xenomai/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT
> -Wall -pipe -D__XENO__"
>         --xeno-ldflags="-L/usr/xenomai/lib -lxenomai -lpthread "
>         --posix-cflags=""
> POSIX support is not available
>         --posix-ldflags=""
>         --library-dir="/usr/xenomai/lib"
> Usage xeno-config --skin=skinname OPTIONS
> Options :
>         --help
>         --v,--verbose
>         --version
>         --cc
>         --arch
>         --prefix
>         --skin native|posix|psos|rtai|rtdm|uitron|vrtx|vxworks
>         --cflags
>         --ldflags
>         --lib*-dir,--libdir,--user-libdir
>
> Deprecated options:
>         --xeno-cflags
>         --xeno-ldflags
>         --posix-cflags
>         --posix-ldflags
>

> while it was built like this:
>
> make DESTDIR=/root/... install

You are not paying attention. I said it "handles the DESTDIR environment
 variable". So, you should pass DESTDIR as an environment variable to
xeno-config. As in:

DESTDIR=/root/.... xeno-config --skin=native --cflags

The xeno-config script is built when Xenomai is compiled, not installed,
at this point, it would be against the rules to assume that a DESTDIR is
set, and hardcode a DESTDIR value into xeno-config.

See GNU make documentation:
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/DESTDIR.html

And for a good reason, the final destination of Xenomai on your system
may be different from where you initially installed it. So, handling
DESTDIR dynamically in xeno-config makes things more flexible.

> but there is still a difference in xeno-shmem-fork behavior when linked
> with pthread or not from command line.

Ok. But linking with pthread is the only supported way of using Xenomai. A
>> What version of opensuse?
>
> 11.1 - 32. i do not crosscompile on x86_64 to x86 because i have
> encountered various strange mismatches in the past.
>
> rather i use native clean x86 environment (on e.g. x86_64)

I do this all the time, and never had any problem.
Also, why not running 64 bits code on your atom? There are some x86_32
only atoms? What about SMP?

By the way, did you forget to semd me your .config ?