On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 14:00 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:

> >> xeno-config handles the DESTDIR environment variable (failing to do this
> >> would be kind of silly, because a lot of people, including the
> >> maintainers, use Xenomai mostly in cross-compiled environment).
> >
> > no, it does not.
> >
> > ./xeno-config
> > xeno-config --verbose
> >         --version="2.5.4"
> >         --cc="gcc"
> >         --arch="x86"
> >         --prefix="/usr/xenomai"
> >         --xeno-cflags="-I/usr/xenomai/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT
> > -Wall -pipe -D__XENO__"
> >         --xeno-ldflags="-L/usr/xenomai/lib -lxenomai -lpthread "
> >         --posix-cflags=""
> > POSIX support is not available
> >         --posix-ldflags=""
> >         --library-dir="/usr/xenomai/lib"
> > Usage xeno-config --skin=skinname OPTIONS
> > Options :
> >         --help
> >         --v,--verbose
> >         --version
> >         --cc
> >         --arch
> >         --prefix
> >         --skin native|posix|psos|rtai|rtdm|uitron|vrtx|vxworks
> >         --cflags
> >         --ldflags
> >         --lib*-dir,--libdir,--user-libdir
> >
> > Deprecated options:
> >         --xeno-cflags
> >         --xeno-ldflags
> >         --posix-cflags
> >         --posix-ldflags
> >

> > while it was built like this:
> >
> > make DESTDIR=/root/... install
>
> You are not paying attention.

happens. i recall you spent an hour yesterday on inquiring libc.so
instead of looking into test program output and its source.

> I said it "handles the DESTDIR environment
>  variable". So, you should pass DESTDIR as an environment variable to
> xeno-config. As in:

fine. this will simplify scripts machinery.

> DESTDIR=/root/.... xeno-config --skin=native --cflags
>
> The xeno-config script is built when Xenomai is compiled, not installed,
> at this point, it would be against the rules to assume that a DESTDIR is
> set, and hardcode a DESTDIR value into xeno-config.
>
> See GNU make documentation:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/DESTDIR.html
>
> And for a good reason, the final destination of Xenomai on your system
> may be different from where you initially installed it. So, handling
> DESTDIR dynamically in xeno-config makes things more flexible.
>
> > but there is still a difference in xeno-shmem-fork behavior when linked
> > with pthread or not from command line.
>
> Ok. But linking with pthread is the only supported way of using Xenomai. A
> >> What version of opensuse?
> >
> > 11.1 - 32. i do not crosscompile on x86_64 to x86 because i have
> > encountered various strange mismatches in the past.
> >
> > rather i use native clean x86 environment (on e.g. x86_64)
>
> I do this all the time, and never had any problem.

i had lots with header files mainly.
and i am happy with my way.

> Also, why not running 64 bits code on your atom? There are some x86_32
> only atoms? What about SMP?

for some other constraints i will not mention i use 32 bits now.

this is single core cpu so no point to use smp for e.g. 8 cpus (nor
bigsmp)

> By the way, did you forget to semd me your .config ?

it should be included in the kernel.tgz i have sent already.

--
Krzysztof Blaszkowski