On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 14:37 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> >> I do this all the time, and never had any problem.
> >
> > i had lots with header files mainly.
>
> Well, the glibc and Xenomai header files are the same on 64 bits and 32
> bits machines... of course, if you are talking about other libs...

;) i don't mean Xenomai and degree of crosscompilation complexity
depends on what you try to compile.
i remember a few years ago it was not so funny.

> > and i am happy with my way.
> >
> >> Also, why not running 64 bits code on your atom? There are some x86_32
> >> only atoms? What about SMP?
> >
> > for some other constraints i will not mention i use 32 bits now.
> >
> > this is single core cpu so no point to use smp for e.g. 8 cpus (nor
> > bigsmp)
>
> Well, my atom has hyper-threading, so, SMP can be used, Linux sees two
> threads. I suspect yours has hyper-threading too, since Linux mentions
> that it sees an ACPI SMP table, but usually, hyper-threading needs to be
> enabled at BIOS level.

yes, it has "ht". disabled now. i thought that i don't want to try to
solve superposition of various corner cases and stuck on solving this.

otoh, i could create such case. did i ?

(btw, rtai 3.7 works)

--
Krzysztof Blaszkowski