Am 14.10.2010 17:42, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 15:23 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Philippe,
>>
>> irqbench does not inherently depend on a third I-pipe domain. It is a
>> useful testcase, the only in our portfolio that targets a peripheral
>> device use case. In fact, it was only of the first test cases for Native
>> RTDM IIRC.
>>
>> Please revert the removal and then cut out only the few parts that
>> actually instantiate an additional domain (i.e. mode 3.
>
> So, what do we do with this? Any chance we move to arch-neutral code for
> this test?

Arch-neutral is impossible due to the inherent hardware dependency. But
I'm waiting on some comments by Wolfgang on their work as that's
probably the best requirements source for multi-arch support.

For now the existing test should not cause any harm if cleaned up from
the domain stuff and not built on non-x86 archs (which is already
properly guarded for user space, the kernel driver may deserve an
additional dependency).