On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 22:42 +0100, ronny meeus wrote:
> Hello
> we are investigating to usage of the pSOS+ skin to port a large legacy
> pSOS application to Linux.
> The application model consist of several processes in which the
> application lives. All processes will make use of the pSOS library.
> After playing around with the library for some time we have observed
> several missing service calls, bugs and differences in behaviour
> compared to a real pSOS implementation:
> - missing sm_ident
> - missing t_getreg / t_setreg in userland (patch already included in
> 2.5.5)
> - not possible to use skin from the context of different processes
> (patch already included in 2.5.5)
> - added support for identical task/queue/semaphore/region names by
> making names unique.
> - strange behaviour in pSOS message queue (see post "Possible memory
> leak in psos skin message queue handling").
> I can (and will) deliver patches for all issues I have found, but I'm
> wondering whether there are other people using the pSOS skin (in
> userland) in a real live application. The target for my project would
> be an embedded system with strong reliability requirements (very
> stable / long running etc).
> Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.
> It is not clear to me either which tests are executed before a new
> version is released.

T-e-s-t? What's this? We are proud to deliver the greatest uncertainty,
where the deepest fears about upgrading may turn into the highest hopes.
And vice-versa.

>  Is there any test-suite available for the pSOS skin?

This is a good start, used to validate the Xenomai SOLO implementation.

This needs to be slightly adapted to run over the current Xenomai 2.x
architecture, but the test logic of course is the same.