Dear all,

The European Space Agency started a program called SOCIS. It aims at
supporting free-software projects by providing funds to students that are
willing to contribute to free-software projects. It works like the summer
of code : mentoring organization subscribe to the program and propose
projects. Then, the SOCIS committee selects the projects that are
accepted. Finally, students apply to the selected projects, the mentoring
organization choose the students for each project and the student has to
complete the project in some weeks. Finally, if the projects is
successfully finished, the student receives money. It is a nice way to
improve free software and help some student !

As a Xenomai user, I was wondering if the project would like to apply to
SOCIS. I think Xenomai developers may have several ideas of projects for
students. I contacted Gilles Chanteperdrix to inform him about the
initiative, he told me to post on this list because more people could be
interested.

You can have more information about the program on
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2011/?q=about . Subscription deadline is
next Friday so that if you want to apply, you have to do that quickly. If
you have any question regarding the program, do not hesitate to post on
the SOCIS mailing list or to contact me.

Best regards,