On 08/26/2011 03:05 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2011-08-26 14:34, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it is about time we release Xenomai 2.6.0. Has anyone anything
>> pending (maybe Alex)? Should we release an -rc first?
>
> No patches ATM, but [1] is still an open bug - a bug that affects the ABI.
>
> Jan
>
> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.real-time.xenomai.devel/8343

I had forgotten about this one. So, the only real problem is if a
SCHED_NOTOTHER thread switches to SCHED_OTHER, this appears to be a
corner case, so, I wonder if you should not simply add a special
treatment, only for this corner case.

What I have in mind is keeping a list of xnsynch in kernel-space (this
basically means having an xnholder_t more in the xnsynch structure), and
when we trip the corner case (thread with SCHED_FIFO switches to
SCHED_OTHER), walk the list to find how many xnsynch the thread is the
owner, we have that info in kernel-space, and set the refcnt accordingly.

Or does it still sound overkill?