On 2011-09-11 16:24, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 09/11/2011 12:50 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> just looked into the hrescnt issue again, specifically the corner case
>> of a shadow thread switching from real-time policy to SCHED_OTHER.
>
> Doing this while holding a mutex looks invalid.

Looking at POSIX e.g., is there anything in the spec that makes this
invalid? If the kernel preserves or established proper priority
boosting, I do not see what could break in principle.

It is nothing I would design into some app, but we should somehow handle
it (doc update or code adjustments).

> If we do not do it, the current code is valid.

Except for its dependency on XNOTHER which is not updated on RT->NORMAL
transitions.