On 01/11/2012 07:12 PM, Jan-Erik Lange wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question about the context switching:
> Unless that there a rtdm_copy_to_user() available in the rtdm API.
> Would cause the function copy_to_user() in an xenomai kernel based rt
> task a switch into the secondary domain? Because copy_to_user() not
> actually a syscall right?

Absolutely no function in kernel-space causes an automatic switch to
secondary mode. As Philippe answered to the very first mail you posted
to this list, the only events which cause a switch to secondary mode are:

- invoking a regular linux syscall
- receiving a linux signal (e.g. kill(2) and GDB)
- causing a CPU trap (e.g. invalid memory access), hitting a breakpoint
(e.g. GDB)

All these events only happen for threads in user-space.