On 2012-01-25 18:02, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 01/25/2012 05:52 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> What are unit test for (as they are defined here)? Looks a bit inconsistent.
>
> I put under "regression" all the tests I have which corresponded to
> things that failed one time or another in xenomai past. Maybe we could
> move unit tests under regression.

>>> It seems to have failed in that important last discipline. Need to check
>>> why.
>>
>> Because it didn't check the page content for correctness. But that's now
>> done via the new watchdog test. I can keep the debug output, but the
>> watchdog test of mayday looks obsolete to me. Am I missing something?
>
> The watchdog does two things: it first sends a SIGDEBUG, then if the
> application is still spinning, it sends a SIGSEGV. As far as I
> understood, you test tests the first case, and mayday tests the second
> case, so, I agree that mayday should be removed, but whatever it tests
> should be integrated in the sigdebug test.

Err... SIGSEGV is not a feature, it was the bug I fixed today. :) So the
test case actually specified a bug as correct behavior.

The fallback case is in fact killing the RT task as before. But I'm
unsure right now: will this leave the system always in a clean state
behind? The task killing of the watchdog is thought as a last resort to
keep the system analyzable, but I have a bad feeling if we want this in
a regular test case.