Heikki Lindholm wrote:
 > Jan Kiszka kirjoitti:
 > > Heikki Lindholm wrote:

 > >>As dumb a guess: -m32 compiler switch?
 > >>

 > > Yes, I know, that would help. But where to feed this argument into the
 > > build system?
 >
 > I would try makefile (and perhaps config/kconfig/Makefile*) and command
 > line 'CC="gcc -m32" CXX="gcc -m32" make menuconfig/install' to be sure.

When using autoconf, you are not supposed to pass compiler flags in
CC, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are made for that... and the build system is
supposed to only touch AM_CFLAGS, so that CFLAGS is let for users, but I
am pretty sure this does not work with Xenomai, since we never tried :-)

As for the compilation for pentium on an x86_64, isn't there any
i686-linux-gcc that directly cross compiles for ia32 ?

If not, would not the following wrapper do the trick ?

#! /bin/sh
exec `expr "$0" : 'i686-linux-\(.*\)'` -m32r ${1+"$@"}

It should work with most build systems...

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.