Lionel Perrin wrote:

 > > I can confirm that a few fixes in v2.1 were missing, so trunk works
 > > correctly, didn't you forget to rebuild the kernel when building trunk ?
 > > Attached is a patch to v2.1 that contain the fixes backported from
 > > trunk. Please try this patch and tell me if this works for you.
 > >
 > In fact, I've downloaded the last version of trunk before your mail and
 > the patch. You're right that works pretty good with this version... :)
 >
 > Unfortunately, it seem's that we can't share between a real time process
 > and a non real one ?

Sharing memory should work, could you explain what happens ? Note that
you may use Linux regular shared memory services in the real-time
process by calling __real_shm_open instead of shm_open.

 > I got one task which need to be real time in order to acquire datas, and
 > another one that plot this datas on screen.
 > I'd like to give user the choice to launch (or not) the second process,
 > if he wish (or not) to watch the acquired datas. I'm figure out that
 > making this second process a xenomai thread with a low priority would
 > solve my problem but i'd rather prefered a standard linux process...

Using Xenomai thread with a low priority would allow you to share
synchronization objects between the real-time and non real-time
activites. You may also create non real-time threads in a
real-time process by calling __real_pthread_create instead of
pthread_create.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.