Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to get the can-interfaces of an Samsung S3C2440 based
board working (NetDCU10).
The used Linux kernel version is 2.6.19, because this was deliverd in the BSP.
I patched this kernel with Xenomai 2.4.0., as this was the newest Version I
managed the Kernel to compile with.

The standard driver delivered with the board (lincan 0.3.3) mappes the can
devices to
10000000-10000007 : onboard-can
10000008-1000000f :
onboard-can

So I tried to use the driver xeno_can_mem.

I use
modprobe xen_can_mem mem=0x10000000 irq=17 clock=48000000
to install the module but it complains that there is no such device...

As far as I know, this board uses the an sja1000p chip for can. Do you know if
there are any differences to the sja1000 chip?
Are there any changes necessary in the driver sources?

I figured out, that the installation of the driver stops in the function int
rtcan_sja1000_register(struct rtcan_device *dev)
And there in that part:

    printk("chip->read_reg(dev, SJA_SR) = %d \n",chip->read_reg(dev, SJA_SR));
    if ((chip->read_reg(dev, SJA_SR) &
         (SJA_SR_RBS | SJA_SR_DOS | SJA_SR_TBS)) != SJA_SR_TBS) {
        printk("ERROR! No SJA1000 device found!\n");
        return -ENODEV;
    }

When I comment this out the installation works and in /proc/iomem sja1000-mem
is visible.
But I'm not able to send Can-messages with rtcansen.
The program seems to work, but no messages are send as I checked it with a
scope.

Does anybody have an hint for me, how to get the can driver working?
Thank you in advice!

best regards,

Nils