On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix <
gilles.chanteperd...@xenomai.org> wrote:

> Prakash A S wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >          Now I am working on AT91RM9200 based processor ARM board with
> Linux
> > 2.6.20 kernel and also planing to port Xenomai on this board. I preferred
> > xenomai-2.4.0. Because it has adeos-ipipe patch for 2.6.20 kernel.
> However I
> > found that there is an separate ipipe patch available for AT91 processor
> in
> > xenomai-2.3.2. Do I need any similar patch for xenomai-2.4.0 or
> > adeos-ipipe-2.6.20-arm-1.802.patch is enough?.
> >
> > I beleive the steps will be like,
> > linux-2.6.20+2.6.20-at91.patch.gz+adeos-ipipe-2.6.20-arm-1.802.patch
>
> You did it again: as documented in ksrc/arch/arm/patches/README,
> what Xenomai version you pick is largely irrelevant to what I-pipe patch
> you want to use, so, you can probably use the I-pipe patch for 2.6.20
> with Xenomai 2.5.4.

Agreed. The intention is to clarify few doubts. Otherwise I will missed to
get such an specific info mentioned below.
Thanks for the info.

> All releases of a Xenomai branch are backward compatible, so, if you
> want to pick something in the any branch, pick the latest (2.4.10 for
> 2.4 branch, 2.5.4 for 2.5 branch). Also note that all I-pipe patches up
> to, but not including, 2.6.28-1.12-05, are buggy, so, if you want to use
> 2.6.20, you will have to apply the patch attached to this mail:
>
> https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-core/2009-08/msg00021.html
>
> As for the initial question, I do not remember that far in the past.
> But, at some point in the past, the I-pipe patch started being able to
> be applied with and without the AT91 patch, I do not remember if
> 2.6.20-1.8-02 was in this case.

At this moment my board only supports linux-2.6.20. So I just like to port
xenomai and test the board with the same kernel version. Later I will
upgrade the linux kernel and move to the latest xenomai.

I would like to know in which format you getting my mails now?.

-Prakash