Thanks Gilles for the quick response!

> You can use mutexes with priority inheritance to avoid this issue. But
> Xenomai has ready made queues for rt/non-rt communication, the rtipcs:
>
> http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-head/html/api/group__rtipc.html

What makes me worry here is the IPC abbreviation - I have just one
process with multiple threads. So would not real IPC mechanism be the
overkill in this scenario? Or am I just misinterpret what IPC means
here?

> A lockless solution for this (one consumer, one producer) is the good
> old fifo.

I have one producer, but do not want to limit myself with just one
consumer (although currently there is only one). In addition, here I
am probably again confused by the terminology, but does not fifo you
mentioned here is another IPC mechanism? What I am seeking is the way
to communicate between two threads and benefit from the fact that they
share the same process memory.

Thanks,
Andrey.