On 04/15/2012 12:42 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
On 02/24/2012 12:07 AM, Jeff Webb wrote:
On 02/23/2012 04:26 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
On 02/23/2012 11:02 PM, Jeff Webb wrote:
I was happy to see that printf now works from real-time POSIX
threads in Xenomai 2.6.0.  Unfortunately, I'm seeing some strange
behavior that surfaces when I try to print the string "\n" by
itself.  When I run the attached example program, I get:

$ ./printf_test start CPU time limit exceeded $

IfI replace the two printf calls with rt_printf calls and
#include<rtdk.h>,I get the expected result:

$ ./rt_printf_test start 1 2 3 4 ^C $

The original example also works if these two lines:

printf("%d", count); printf("\n");

are replaced with:

printf("%d\n", count);

Can someone confirm if this a bug in Xenomai 2.6.0, something
specific to my HW/SW installation, or some mistake in my test
program?

I would bet the call to printf is replaced with something else
(such as putchar). Could you disassemble the test to check this?

Yes, it appears that putchar is called indeed.

Note that I have fixed similar issues in xenomai-2.6 current
repository, so you could give it a try.

I may give that a try.  Now that I have confirmed that putchar is the
issue, do you think xenomai-2.6 current will fix the problem?  Is
putchar now wrapped as well?  I noticed that puts appears to be
wrapped from the disassembly output.

It should now be fixed in xenomai-2.6 repository.

Thanks for following up, Gilles.

-Jeff