On Sunday 20 January 2013, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 01/20/2013 01:13 AM, Paul wrote:

> >>  About the fact that interrupts are not detected :
> >>
> >> This may be a generic issue, which I thought was fixed, but may
> >> not be.

> >> http://git.xenomai.org/?p=ipipe-gch.git;a=commit;h=c14c79d29fed822
> >>675 60c7bf26d628ef4d39f5b7
> >
> > Gilles: Looked at the patch and got as far as the changes in
> > kernel/ipipe/timer.c:ipipe_timer_stop() - Correct me if I'm wrong,
> > but this patch is based on a 3.5.7 parent without
> > GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS ?
>
> Yes, this patch is based on 3.5.7 and is used with and without
> GENERIC_CLOCKEVENTS.

Short version: Updated my kernel to 3.5.7 and backported the Raspberry
Pi changes from 3.6.11 and added in the ipipe support. Interrupts are
not being recognised unless irq_set_irq_type() is called. Digging
through the rtdm, nucleus, and ipipe code, at no point is
irq_chip->irq_set_type() called - Also have a problem that none of the
ipipe_pic_muter fields are set, so __ipipe_enable_irqdesc() & friends
do nothing.

Noticed XN_ISR_EDGE equates to a falling edge trigger -
irq_set_irq_type() allows for rising, level, or falling edge triggers.
At some point, it may be advantageous to be able to select one of the
three.

Will continue digging and add a routine in bcm2708_gpio.c to set the
ipipe_pic_muter fields in the morning.

Regards, Paul.