On 11/28/2016 09:04 PM, Paul wrote:
On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 14:34:03 -0500
andr...@stupar.com wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I have posted the driver on github:
https://github.com/AndrijaPFC/RTDAQDriver/blob/master/acromag.c
Had a quick scan of the code, and have a couple of observations.

The Linux kernel has seen quite a few changes since the 2.4 days. The
makefiles for starters. There are also builtin functions for
downloading fpga binary blobs from disk so you no longer have to hard
code them in to the module - I'm assuming the missing fpga_prog.h
contains the binary blob.

The PCI interface has changed and there are also routines to handle
Industry Pack modules - It may be worth your while contacting Acromag
and asking them what support they can offer. You may even find drivers
exist in the latest kernel for your IP modules - These could be used as
a reference or modified to suit you application.

The effort to get this driver under Xenomai seems trivial (a little bit longer if you want to bring it under the Analogy stack, maybe a couple of weeks). You should consider throwing away the code and writing it from scratch avoiding some of the terrible hacks they have crafted around some platform issues (usleep causing segmentation faults?)

Regards, Paul.