Ah, I see this was largely answered for Ran Shalit's question on Feb 07th.

Cheers,

Marcel.

________________________________
From: Xenomai <xenomai-boun...@xenomai.org> on behalf of Marcel Van Mierlo
<marcel.vanmie...@marel.com>
Sent: 15 February 2017 16:42:38
To: xenomai@xenomai.org
Subject: [SPOOF ?][Xenomai] Does it make sense to patch with both Xenomai and
PREEMPT_RT?

[This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear
to be. Learn about spoofing at http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing]

Hi,

Is it possible to patch a Kernel (3.18.5) with both CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT and
Xenomai (3.0.2 Cobalt)? Does this make sense, or does the Xenomai patch
introduce RT preemption anyway?

We have a real-time pSOS application currently running under a Xenomai patched
Kernel  (Kernel 3.18.5, Xenomai 3.0.2 Cobalt), and would like to use this
environment to run an application which currently runs under a Kernel (3.14.48)
which is patched with PREEMPT_RT.

Regards,

Marcel.