On 02/09/2018 11:02 AM, Philippe Gerum wrote:
> On 02/09/2018 12:45 AM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> Am I correct in assuming that when calling rtdm_timer_start(), I should
>> not be getting multi-second latencies before the first call to the timer
>> routine? Just checking before I dig in too far.
>>

> Of course not. I suspect an absolute expiry time is given with a
> relative mode spec.

More generally, an absolute expiry time which is not based on the right
clock specified by the mode argument.

i.e.

expiry = rtdm_clock_monotonic(), mode = RTDM_TIMERMODE_REALTIME => BAD
expiry = rtdm_clock_realtime(), mode = RTDM_TIMERMODE_ABSOLUTE => BAD
expiry = rtdm_clock_realtime() or _monotonic(), mode =
RTDM_TIMERMODE_RELATIVE => BAD

--
Philippe.