Hi,

I am expecting some reply again with rtnet setup on ubuntu (virtual
box) using version: 4.9.62-pintu-xeno-3.0.6+
Note: I am using virtual box for experimental purpose before moving it
to the actual hardware

I haven't got any reply with my previous query so I am top posting again.

I am trying to verify UDP client/server socket communication using
rtnet interface.
Using loopback (rtlo with local address 127.0.0.1) it is working fine.

But, I have no success using the rteth0/1 (actual ip address) interface.

In my machine the network interface names are shown like below:
1) enp0s3
                 inet addr:10.0.2.15
2) enp0s8
                 inet addr:192.168.56.101

When I try to start rtnet, I get these errors:

$ sudo /usr/xenomai/sbin/rtnet start
rteth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
rteth0-mac: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
ioctl: No such device
ioctl: No such device
ioctl: No such device
ioctl: No such device
ioctl (add): No such device
ioctl (add): No such device
ioctl (add): No such device
vnic0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
vnic0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
Waiting for all slaves...ioctl: No such device
ioctl: No such device

After this I see only rtlo is up, and I could not find rteth* device.

3) rtlo

4) $ sudo /usr/xenomai/sbin/rtifconfig
          rtlo      Medium: Local Loopback
                     IP address: 127.0.0.1
                     UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU: 1500

5) In the rtnet script I tried replacing the eth0 interface with my
system interface name, but that also did not help.

So, please let me know how to bring up rteth0 interface on my system ?

Hope I will get some help this time to proceed.
Please help!

Thanks,
Pintu